Customers affected by power outages lasting 12 continuous hours or more, may be eligible for an $80 service standard payment.
This payment is available to electricity account holders who:
- are connected to the Western Power grid
- use less than 50 megawatt hours of electricity a year, which is nearly all houses and most small businesses
- experience a power outage lasting 12 continuous hours or more
- had at least 12 hours pass between when we were notified of the power outage and power was restored
- have made the claim within 60 days of the date power was restored
- did not cause the power outage, either directly or because of equipment under their control
- had a power outage that was not the result of an emergency action by police, fire or emergency services
- did not request the power outage
- have not previously been paid under the scheme for the same outage at the same address.
Customers who receive bills from a strata management or other similar shared groups, and not from an energy provider, are eligible for an Extended Outages payment if the loss of power is network related.
When submitting a claim, you will need to select submeter at the top of the application and attach a photo or scanned copy of the account you receive from the Strata Manager for your power usage.
Please make sure you have your bank account details on hand before making a claim.