WA Electrical Inspectors play an important role in investigating the cause of an electric shock. They investigate shocks on behalf of the safety regulator Building & Energy (formerly named EnergySafety).
When you report the electric shock or tingle to us, we also notify the WA Electrical Inspectors who complete an investigate report on the cause of the shock/tingle, and determine when the property or appliance is able to be energised again.
Following the incident, an electrical inspector may contact you or attend your property to ask some questions in relation to the electric shock. It is important that you provide all the information requested to assist them. They will then contact us for additional information about our initial response. .