Skip to content

What should I do if I've had an electric shock or tingle?

FAQs

Search, or browse through the topics below to find answers.

What should I do if I've had an electric shock or tingle?

As soon as practicable, call Western Power on 13 13 51 to report the nature of the electric shock or tingle. It is essential that you call us so we can investigate the matter as soon as possible.

It is important that once an electric shock / tingle has been experienced and reported, do not touch or ‘re-test’ the location of the incident again.

Where shocks are received from any metal work such as taps, switchboards or appliances, remain clear of all other metallic equipment at the property until we attend and ensure safety.

It’s better to be safe and wait for us to attend and investigate the cause of the electric shock.