Skip to content
Our current regulators
- Economic Regulation Authority (ERA) - an independent body, reporting directly to State Parliament. The primary review functions performed by the ERA include the access arrangement and Western Power’s licenses
- Public Utilities Office (PUO) - part of the Department of Treasury. The functions of PUO include undertaking reviews and making recommendations on energy policy and changes to regulation
- EnergySafety - part of the Department of Consumer Protection. EnergySafety licenses electrical contractors and sets technical guidelines for the electricity network in relation to safety
- Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)- controls the supply and trading of energy and electricity capacity in WA's Wholesale Electricity Market and is responsible for electricity system security
- Other bodies such as the Environmental Protection Authority and WorkSafe set guidelines, which determine how Western Power goes about its day-to-day work.