Skip to content


What more do I need to know about small multiple residential connections?

  • Your point of connection to the electricity network will either be single phase or three phase, depending on the surrounding network.
  • Wherever possible we will provide an underground connection via a green dome.
  • There are some physical clearances that are required between the electricity network and your equipment. You can find information about them here. If your property will have multiple points of supply, compliance information from the West Australian Electrical Requirements can be found here. In some cases non-compliant points of supply might still be viable - if you would like to pursue this, consider a feasibility study.
  • You will need an electrical contractor to install your meter and terminate your consumer mains.
  • If your consumer mains are larger than 35mm2, we will need to terminate them for you instead.

Substation site

  • Depending on your supply requirements you may need to provide space for a substation site. We will notify you if this is the case. If you are unsure about where a substation site can go please submit a feasibility study and one of our consultant engineers will help you you in find a solution.
  • When making decisions about a substation site, please read the Western Power Distribution Substation Manual.
  • If you would like to apply for a non-compliant site please submit a feasibility study and one of our consultant engineers will let you know if it can be used.
  • Sometimes we have to change substation specifications or location, if this is the case we will let you know.
  • If your supply will be greater than 100A your electrical contractor will provide the appropriate sized current transformers.



Need to speak to someone?

We're here to help.
Call us on 13 10 87 (7am-5pm Monday to Friday) or
email your enquiry to