Skip to content


What more do I need to know about large multiple residential connections?

Depending on your requirements your new point of connection will be serviced by either a pillar, a standalone kiosk or direct into the transformer kiosk.

There are some physical clearances that are required between the electricity network and your equipment. You can find information about them here.

Substation site

  • A substation will usually be required and adequate land for a substation must be included on your application. We recommend consulting the Western Power Distribution Substation Manual for assistance in making sure your substation site is compliant.
  • If you are unsure about where a substation site can go please submit a feasibility study and one of our consultant engineers will help you find a solution.
  • When making decisions about a substation site, please read the Western Power Distribution Substation Manual.
  • If you would like to apply for a non-compliant site please submit a feasibility study and one of our consultant engineers will let you know if it can be used.
  • Sometimes we have to change substation specifications or location, if this is the case we will let you know. If your supply will be greater than 100A your electrical contractor will provide the appropriate sized current transformers.
  • If your property will have multiple points of supply compliance information from the West Australian Electrical Requirements. In some cases non-compliant points of supply might still be viable - if you would like to pursue this, consider a feasibility study.




Need to speak to someone?

We're here to help.
Call us on 13 10 87 (7am-5pm Monday to Friday) or
email your enquiry to