Skip to content


What more do I need to know about a large scale relocation or removal?

  • This service covers a wide range of possibilities, if you are unsure about how to proceed, please consider beginning with a feasibility study
  • There are some physical clearances that are required between the electricity network and your equipment
  • If you want to relocate Western Power equipment onto a neighbour’s property you will need to include their written approval with your application. If there are third party assets (e.g. telecommunication equipment) on a pole flagged for relocation or removal, we will organise for them to be relocated; these costs will appear in your quote
  • We no longer install new overhead assets in metropolitan/built up areas. If your work requires the relocation of overhead assets, they will need to go underground
  • If your work will result in other customers' electricity supplies being relocated underground, you will need to negotiate suitable pillar locations and engage an electrical contractor to complete the connection
  • If your consumer mains are larger than 35mm2, we will need to terminate them for you instead

Substation site

  • If you would like to relocate a substation or pole top transformer you will need to provide land for the new location. If you are unsure about where a substation site can go please submit a feasibility study and one of our consultant engineers will help you you in find a solution
  • When you’re considering your substation site, please read the Western Power Distribution Substation Manual
  • If you would like to apply for a non-compliant site please submit a feasibility study and one of our consultant engineers will let you know if it can be used
  • The final specifications for the substation requirements will be determined when our engineers create your design. This means that the substation site you provide may be subject to change
  • We will install the substation as part of the construction works; however you will need to prepare the site in advance. Some assistance in this can be found in the Western Australian Distribution Connections Manual