Our commitment to you
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction with our products, services, employees, or with our complaints handling process which you would like us to do something about. If dissatisfaction is not expressed or resolution not sought, we don’t consider the matter a complaint
You can lodge a complaint with us in any of the following ways:
- Complete an online complaints form
- Request a complaint form be posted to you by calling us on 13 10 87 between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
- Download a complaint form and post it to us at: Complaints Team, Locked Bag 2520, Perth WA 6001
- Email your complaint to the complaints team at email@example.com
- Write to us at: Complaints Team, Locked Bag 2520, Perth WA 6001
If you have hearing or speech difficulties call the National Relay Service on 1800 13 13 51.
If you require language assistance, call the telephone interpreter service (TIS National) on 13 14 50.
We pride ourselves on conducting business with integrity. This means abiding by laws, regulations and our professional conduct policies. If you have witnessed or are aware of any fraudulent or corrupt behaviour by a Western Power employee or contractor, please let us know by contacting the STOPline via email or call 1300 30 45 50.
If you have lodged a complaint, then we will
- Acknowledge that we have received your complaint. In most cases you will receive our acknowledgement very quickly however in some cases this may take up to 10 days
- Resolve all complaints as quickly as possible and in most cases this happens within 15 business days. However, there may be times where it takes us up to 20 business days
- Use the information you provide, together with our records, to help resolve your complaint
- Contact you if we require additional information
- Respond in writing and provide an explanation of the reasons behind our decision
If you believe that we didn’t acknowledge your complaint within 10 business days or respond to your complaint within 20 business days, you may be eligible for a $50 payment*. Call us on 13 10 87 for more information, or complete an online application form within three months.
*Conditions apply – please refer to the appropriate form for full terms and conditions.
If you are not satisfied with our response or decision you can
- call us on 13 10 87 or write to us by email or letter to have your complaint reviewed by a senior employee, or
- Contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman Western Australia*, who receives, investigates and resolves complaints against energy companies. It is a free and independent service that is easy to access by:
Phone 08 9220 7588 or **1800 754 004
Fax on 1800 611 279
*Please contact us before you contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman so we have the opportunity to resolve your complaint first.
**Mobile calls will be charged at applicable rates
If your complaint is not about our products or services, we will do our best to direct you to the organisation you need to deal with.