We work hard to ensure you have power for your home or business when you need it.
Sometimes we need to turn off your power to conduct important scheduled maintenance and upgrades to the electricity network in your local area.
This can result in extended, planned outages while we get the job done.
In rare occasions, you may get a notification or warning before a fault or emergency situation will result in you losing power for an extended time.
If you find yourself in this situation, here’s some simple advice to minimise the impact of the extended outage on your property:
- Cordless phones do not operate without mains power so have a mobile phone on hand.
- Consider purchasing and charging a portable charger for your mobile phone.
- Unplug electrical appliances, especially those that have heating elements (e.g. kettle, oven).
- Switch off air conditioners so they are off when power is restored.
- Turn your fridge to the coldest setting.
- Get a fridge thermometer so you know if food is still safe to consume after a power outage.
- Consult with your service provider if you have a monitored security alarm without a backup battery. You could also investigate the use of a generator.
- Know how to manually operate automatic garage doors, or leave your car parked outside.
- Be aware that lifts and escalators may not operate during a power outage.
- Leave a light on inside your house so you know when power is restored.