We follow strict protocols when entering your property to read your meter. If we are unable to access your property or your meter, we will leave a skipped read card which will state why this was the case. Examples of one of these situations is as follows:
- Access is only achievable through a neighbouring property
- The meter box is fitted with a private lock and not an approved Western Power masterkey lock
- The meter is located behind a fence or locked gates, hindering access
- There is a dog on the property or a dog warning sign on the gate
- The meter is located inside a carport, basement, enclosed verandah or other enclosed area which we can only access by making an appointment with you
- The meter is obstructed by trees, shrubs and/or gardens.