Skip to content
What more do I need to know about a medium commercial connection?
- These type of connections usually require a substation.
- There are some physical clearances that are required between the electricity network and your equipment.
- When you’re considering your substation site, please read the Western Power Distribution Substation Manual. If you would like to apply for a non-compliant site it will need to be approved. You can do this in consultation with our consultant engineers via a feasibility study.
- The final specifications for the substation requirements will be determined when our engineers create your design. This means that the substation site you provide may be subject to change.
- We will install the substation as part of the construction works; however you will need to prepare the site in advance. Some assistance in this can be found in the Western Australian Distribution Connection Manual.
- If your supply will be greater than 100A your electrical contractor will provide the appropriate sized current transformers.
- Your electrical contractor will need to complete the installation of direct metering.
- We will be responsible for terminating the consumer mains into the kiosk or transformer.
- If your property will have multiple points of supply, then check compliance information from the West Australian Electrical Requirements. In some cases non-compliant points of supply might still be viable - if you would like to pursue this, consider a feasibility study.