The Board is the governing body of Western Power and has overall responsibility for its performance. Its central role is to set Western Power’s strategic direction and to oversee its management and commercial activities.
The Board has approved a Board Charter (PDF 178kb) which details its role, powers, duties and functions. In addition to matters required by law to be approved by the Board, the following matters are reserved to the Board:
- appointments to the position of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), subject to the Minister’s endorsement, and oversight of appointment of the CEO's direct reports;
- providing strategic direction, approving policies and reviewing major decisions, including capital expenditure proposals;
- approving budgets and monitoring management and financial performance;
- overseeing compliance with internal processes and regulatory requirements; and
- assessing Board performance to ensure the Board’s effectiveness.
Responsibility for the management of Western Power’s day to day operations is delegated to the CEO, who is accountable to the Board.
Select this link to access a copy of the Board Charter (PDF 178kb).
To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.