Volunteer bush fire brigades
Bushfires are a constant threat during summer in Western Australia. When a bushfire occurs, the immediate danger to communities can be increased if the electricity network is damaged, resulting in electrical fires and loss of power and communications. We recognise the potential devastation created from bushfires and has introduced an annual grants program in partnership with FESA to assist Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades purchase valuable equipment or update facilities.
Details of the contribution
Since 2007, we have offered annual grants of $80,000 to assist Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades working within the Western Power Network. Brigades can apply for funding of up to $5,000 each to purchase equipment and materials which will improve their service to the community.
This is a charitable donation to the Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades Association and recognises the incredible work of WA’s unsung heroes, who work tirelessly in our community throughout bushfire season.
How to apply
Applications for 2012 have closed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the 2012 application process opens.
To be eligible for the grant, a brigade must:
- be located in the Western Power Network area in the south west corner of Western Australia
- have not received funds from Western Power in the last 12 months
- not apply for items that can be claimed (wholly or part) under the Emergency Services Levy
- All valid applications will be reviewed, with successful applicants determined by a panel. The panel consists of one representative from each of Western Power, Fire and Emergency Services Authority (FESA) and the Association for Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades.
- The panel’s decision will be final and without any right of appeal.
- The panel reserves the right to require clarification of applications.
- Brigades who use grant funds for any other purpose than that stated in its application will be disqualified from all future grants.
Important points to note
- Applications can be made for one or more items but the total value must not exceed $5,000 plus GST.
- Applications must clearly identify items requested and give reasons why these items are required.
- Quotes or screen shots from online enquiries must be submitted with the application.
- All information submitted will be used in the selection process, so please ensure it is accurate and verifiable.
- Brigades are encouraged to only apply for necessary items to enable us to support more brigades.
- Successful brigades will receive funds for the amount requested and be required to purchase the goods from the supplier quoted on the application.
- Successful brigades will be invited to take part in local press publications and media releases.
- Please note provision for connections for Volunteer Bush Fire Association properties can be arranged separate to this grant process. For more details on connections please click here.
To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.